Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Family Grows by Four Legs

Yes that is right, we have added to our family and it is Rexie our new dog! Santa came to the studio this past Saturday for Ross to do a quick mock up on the Santa Set and Santa gave Brock a puppy while he visited. I have to say as the mom, it was by far the cutest thing ever!!! We were going to give Brock a puppy for Christmas but then we decided to build a house and it won't be ready for a few months - not until after Christmas. But then I had a great idea to have Santa really give it to him in person. My parents (we are staying with until the house is finish, yes, I know we are crazy!) thought now would be a great idea since they can help with the potty training since they are home all day long. It has been fun! I forgot about those sleepless nights when I had Brock, but it is getting us prepared for another baby. No, I am not pregnant - yet. Rexie has brought a lot laughter in our home. Look at these adorable images when Santa gave Rexie to Brock!Santa asking Brock what he would like for Christmas, of course Brock says a puppy!

Look at the shock on his face when he Santa opens the box - yes Brock it is real!Thank you Santa!

The first portrait of Rexie, and by far not the last.

The come about of the name "Rexie". When Brock received the puppy he asked Santa, "is it a boy or girl?" Santa replied, "it is a girl". Brock, "can you make her a boy"? Santa, "no she was made a girl". Brock, "Mommy, can you use your magical powers and make her a boy so I can name the puppy Rex (from Speedracer)"? My reply, "no Brock. God made her a girl and we can name her Rexie and call her Rex for short". It is sweet that Brock really thinks I have magical powers, one day he will be disappointed but until then I will let him believe!
Thanks to www.Snipsa.org where we adopted sweet little Rexie!

1 comment:

  1. very cute, one day this will make you cry (like his wedding day). I love the one of him hugging Santa, he believes in the magic of santa. AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete